Daniel is a computer engineer and web developer in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He strives for excellence and elegance in his work and enjoys the beauty of the software development process. He is primarily a programmer but also enjoys the occasional bout with the esthetics and usability. Additionally he has a natural knack for teaching and hands on consulting. He comes with a history of strong work ethics and over 10 years of leadership experience.
Senior Web Application Developer at Eazy Application Systems Inc from Sept 2014 to Present
- Architected a ground up rebuild of a desktop application as a PHP web application including construction, design, UI, and UX.
- Optimized SQL Server database for performance and maintainability.
- Migrated to a new server infrastructure saving the company 80% of it's hosting costs and significantly reducing down-time and maintenance.
- Improved security and safety best practices to line up with industry and HIPPA specific standards.
- Trained and coordinated feature improvements and beta tests with clients.
- Lead architect of a team of developers and testers.
- Built detailed PHPUnit test suites and test tutorials for QA.
Drupal Web Developer & Project Manager at Clik Focus Inc from July 2009 to March 2014
- Built dozens of custom PHP & mySQL based Drupal modules and HTML5, PHP, CSS, SCSS, and jQuery based themes.
- Managed dozens of large GIT and SVN repositories, debugged repository issues, and set up and configured new repositories.
- Quoted, architected, and developed dozens of small, medium, and large scale PHP based Drupal websites
- Supported, consulted, and trained site managers and fellow developers internally and externally
- Delegated and managed website projects from setting scope, to wireframe and design, to development, to quality assurance and final deployment.
Software Engineer II at Hewlett Packard from May 2007 to June 2009
- Architected and wrote RTOS state management components on embedded C system
- Designed, implemented, and tested C and Visual C++ tools for EVA storage controllers
- Re-factored old features to increase maintainability and lower defect fix cycle times
- Managed projects in IBM Rational Clear Case and SVN
Senior Developer at Eazy Application Systems Inc
- Responsible for hiring, training, and managing the developer team.
- Architected the project for the other developers on the team.
- Coordinated development efforts with clients.
Challenge Course Facilitator and Leadership Consultant at Multiple Organizations from June 2007 to Present
- Led teams of 5-15 people through experience driven leaning exercises.
- Facilitated discussions on team dynamics, growth, and expectations.
- Taught leadership, ethics, and teamwork to small groups and their leaders with academic and experience driven learning.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with a Computer Emphasis
- Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK
- August 2003 to May 2007
- GPA 3.5
Web Application, Software, and Firmware Development
- Familiar with Visual C++, Java, and Object C
- Experienced in multi-cultural team environments with aggressive schedules
- Led and participated in annual community development projects internationally
- Exceptional at formal writing and presentation preparation
- Comfortable in public speaking and small group leading environments
- Familiar with source control, requirements tracking, and defect tracking
- Experience in managing scope, schedule, resource, and risk management within team projects